Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Journal 2: Artifacts

The artifact that I'm choosing is my Harry Potter 5 Book. It is my favorite of the series, and anyone who knows me knows that I am OBSESSED with harry potter. But reasoning isn't simple because I wish I was a wizard and am still, patiently, awaiting the arrival of my acceptance letter to Hogwarts, but rather, a deeper connection toward a book that was a rock for me when times were tough.

For much of my time in high school, I didn't feel very secure. Harry helped to change that. In book 5, Harry faces some challenges and has to keep himself in tact despite all the challenges being forced upon him from the outside.

I felt the same way. Everyone expects so much of you sometimes and your fear of failure and need to satisfy everyone else leaves you empty on the inside. When I'm feeling down and lonely like that, I read Harry Potter, because I know the words are unchanging and the pages won't shift, but the message will bend to help whatever phase of my life I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment